Choosing wall art for your home can be easy with these few guiding principles:
1. Choose art that is meaningful to you. Does it remind you of a memory, a place or a feeling?
2. Choose art that fits the overall aesthetic of your home. What colors will look good in your home or in a particular room? What art styles are you drawn to and tend to show up in your home?
3. Choose art that will fit well into the spaces that need it. Where is the art going to be placed and what is the mood you are trying to convey in the space.
4. Choose art that fits your budget. Even if you have to save up, having a piece of art in your home that brings you joy every time you look at it can be worth the wait.
5. Choose art that supports the artists that you love. Remember that every piece of art was made by a human being who left a little bit of themselves on the page and lives off of your support.
I have linked some of my favorite World Market wall art, Desenio art prints, and fine art pieces from Minted.
If you would like a more comprehensive guide, you can buy my Guide on How to Find, Frame and Hang Art in Your Home
If you want more guiding principles on how to create a home with soul and style, check out my book too!