|This is the basement right before we moved everything and tore the carpet out.|
|This the the basement now, ready for beautiful flooring and fresh coats of paint on the wall!|
Basement Update Cody finally had a day to work on the basement. Like most DIY projects, the preparation takes a lot of time. I was not a lot of help since I was sick, but I was able to be with the girls so he could have some uninterrupted time to work.
First, he grinded all the nails from the past carpet installation level with the concrete. That was a smelly and messy job and it took awhile to get the burnt metal smell and metal particles out of the room.
Second, he vacuumed and cleaned the floor of any debris. This didn’t take long, but then we needed to make a decision about the cracks in the concrete. At this point Cody went to get sealant for the cracks so that there won’t be any moisture under the vinyl flooring that we bought. We used Quikrete Polyurethane sealant self-leveling. The sealant has dried and looks fine. We are glad we took the time to do that.
This is the flooring we ended up getting at The Home Depot.