20 TIME-SAVERS for Moms
- Only buy dishwasher safe dishes. Options here and here.
- Use Dropps laundry pods. These are the best because they are eco-friendly, ready to throw in the washer without the mess and measuring.
- Only buy white socks so you don’t have to mess with matching socks. Kids Men
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience (which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link I will earn a small commission which helps keep my blog up and running but won’t cost you a penny more)! Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
- Buy a designated water cup or water bottle.
- Meal planning–Home Chef or your own. We use Home Chef at our house and we have loved trying new recipes: new flavors, veggies, meats and sauces.
- Woosh Beauty all in one pallet. Use code LUCYJOHOME20 for 20% off at checkout. I love this pallet because everything I need to make my face look put together is in one spot. I have less decision fatigue when everything is ready for me to use. I am practicing a capsule lifestyle in everything I do including my makeup, skincare and hair care routine.
- Turbie Twist for drying hair. It is healthier for your hair to dry on its own versus using heat, so I use the Turbie Twist to get the moisture out faster. They are lightweight and super absorbent.
- Use hand steamer instead of iron. I don’t have time to pull out all the stops to get rid of wrinkles, so I use a hand steamer and I will never go back. I have linked the one I have.
- Create a Capsule Wardrobe and plan your outfits ahead of time. Great idea for kids too. I am about to launch a mini course on creating a capsule wardrobe that serves you for years and still gives you room for creativity. Here is another post I created on capsule wardrobes. 80% of your clothes are only used 20% of the time. Think of ways to make decisions for yourself by only keeping what you love to wear and can be used in multiple ways.
- Set timers for your social media time and clean ups around the house. I do this and it makes me realize how much time I really have.
- Online grocery shopping and drive up. I use Target drive up SO much. It is terribly convenient and less used in my town, so I am not competing for pick-up slots like I have to at Walmart. I also have used Insta cart when I want Costco delivered and I have loved it! The delivery fee is reasonable and I save so much time and effort. Give it a try!
- Make grocery list for specific store layout. When you do have to go to the store, make the trip fast by thinking of the layout and writing your list based on where you will be traveling.
- Morning Routine Basket for kids: toothbrush, toothpaste, hair brush/comb, hair ties. If all the tools your kids need are in one designated spot, they will not have an excuse for not taking care of it.
- Box or bin for child’s school papers. We use this to help us wrangle papers and school books.
- Family Command Center. Something like this can really help you stay on top of family activities, goals and deadlines.
- Lunch Prep. I know that when I prep veggies, fruits or snacks, it is much easier to get lunches ready for kids each day. I know some people who prepare their own PB and J sandwiches ahead of time with this. I want to try it this year.
- Do it NOW: Instead of thinking about or planning something, just do it while you are thinking about it. A lot of times we can finish something in the time it takes to think about or stress about a task.
- Delegate: Remind all the members of your family that home and family life is a team effort. Figure out what each person in the family can do to keep things running smoothly.
- Exercise: This may seem like it would just take away time, but if you have more energy, you can get more done in a smaller amounts of time.
- Keep a personal planner. This can be as simple as a list on your phone or as complex as a physical planner with a lot of categories. Whichever you choose, maintaining a planner enables you to take the time to think ahead and schedule your time in a way where all that you want or need to accomplish or become can be reality. This is the one I have been using this year and the second option below is a popular one online.
Now, go SAVE some time and get MORE done!
Leave a Reply